Monday, February 5, 2007

Monday on Shamian Island in gouangzhou





Today was a beautiful 70'ish degrees outside! We had a nice morning walking the area ad shopping for some small trinkets. It's alot of fun bargaining with the local shop keepers. Kev does a great job at it and enjoys it too. It's pretty funny to watch!!!! Tonight we are going on a special dinner boat cruise with the group. We are going to celebrate a big 4 year old birthday for a big sister in the group. She's a real cutie. For some reason the video clips aren't going up on the blog, but I hope you are enjoying th pictures. I put a few special ones up for "Mr Batman". Thought he would enjoy seeing himself. Mei is a huge hit with the locals. They say she is so beautiful- I agree! Kev & Mei are currently napping before our partyboat departs. Hoopefully I can get a few great shots to send you.


The food here is ok- finally I can eat! For lunch we ate at an outside cafe called Lucy's. We enjoyed grilled cheese and tomatoe soup w/ a local beer. Not bad. Last night for dinner we ate at the frech resteraunt in the hotel and it was the best yet! Pretty close to NYC food. We both had the onion soup and a great steak . Mei enjoyed the candle light & piano playing in the background. Everyone is very tolerant of babie here which is great! Mei was well behaved dinning out and I think she will love going out for Mexican whenwe get home with the crew! I can't wait to start feeding her more than congee. We have already branched out and started with some chicken congee and she enjoyed a tast of the steak last nght. (Don't worry...very small peices prechewed...I feel like mama bird) I know it sounds gross- but she's a happy girl tierd of rice and eggs and wants more. Taking it very slow.


Enjoy the picture and I'll fill you in on al the details when we get back. I hope you like the one of the alligator in the cage. He was displayed at a local "seafood" shop and was for sale. He was caught in the local rover- The Yangzee(sp?)River. I better not fal off the boat tonight!


Love you all - only a few more daysaway!!! Love you all. Looking forward to a good chicken parm over spagetti w/ garlic bread when I get home. Still a lttle leary of any secret ingredients.

1 comment:

Sandswepte said...

I did not know that about the alligator! I am glad, I would have been nervous on the boat too! Did Kevin try to bargain for it? We was the best! Sherri Siegel