Monday, January 28, 2008

"Gottcha" Day!


Remeber a year ago? 1year ago today, the Chinese officials placed a sobbing baby girl in our arms! Mei cried from fear and we cried tears of joy. The lond anticipations was final over and we were about to be Mei's mom & Dad. She has brought the whole family so much joy and has blossumed this past year. Tonight we will celebrate with a cake about becoming a forever family. I still can't believe it has been a year! In this short time with us she has learned how to : sit up, walk, run, scream, laugh, talk, giggle, play pick a boo, hug, kiss, stack blocks, cuddle, love Barney, clim stairs, eat w/ a fork & spoo, point to body parts and get our attention! This is just the beginning. Mei is already signed up for the fall for a 2 day morning class. Where has the time gon? Our baby is almost a toddler. I wish everyone happiness remebering their"Gottcha" Day from our group. I can still remeber standing next to Genivie pointing to the girls trying to match them to their referral photos and the tears we all had and the Dad scurring for the best camera angle. What a moment in time that we will al remember and share together- what a special bond! I have many special events in my life that I will never forget, but that moment and those 3 weeks in China will always be with Kevin & I. Give the girls a big kiss from us. PS I didn't forget the Christmas card, they just haven't gone out yet to Mei's Chinese sisters. Consider the Chinese New Year cards now. LOL

No comments: